Why do we Need to Drink Water After a Chiropractic Adjustment?
Water consumption is vital for our bodies. Many people do not drink enough water, but did you know the importance of drinking water after a Chiropractic adjustment?
After your visit at the chiropractor, your body may feel different. The first 24 hours afterwards you may experience mild side effects, but do not be worried because these are perfectly normal. For some people after they get adjusted, they will feel sore or have a different kind of ache or pain than when they first arrived. This is because after your body is realigned, it begins to go through the healing process. Your chiropractor will suggest for you to eat a healthy diet and to keep your body hydrated.
Your body is put into proper alignment after your chiropractor performs an adjustment, which reduces the stress and tension in your spine. Proceeding this, the toxins that have been building up are finally able to be released. This is where water is especially important. After the adjustment, drinking water will help to eliminate these toxins from your body more quickly. Any side effects you may have experienced after your adjustment will be greatly reduced from staying hydrated. Also drinking plenty of water will nourish the discs between the vertebrae, keeping your spine healthy and flexible.
There are also many health benefits of proper hydration. These include:
- Increased Energy – Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. Water also transports oxygen to your cells so as an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!
- Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturises your skin and keeps it fresh, soft and smooth. Aids proper cellular formation throughout the layers of your skin – this is what leads to that healthy glow!
- Flushes Out Toxins – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which can reduce the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
- Aids in Weight Loss – Reduces eating intake (by filling you up if consumed prior to meals), is a natural appetite suppressant, raises your metabolism and has zero calories.
- Maintains Regularity – Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and helps prevent constipation.
- Boosts Immune System – Water is the delivery system for nutrients around the body and many vitamins and minerals are only soluble in water.
- Prevents Cramps and Sprains – Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain and injury is less likely.
- Save Money! – Water is FREE! Even if you choose bottle/filtered water, its’s STILL cheaper than a soft drink or cup of coffee.
If you are unsure about how much water you should be drinking to stay properly hydrated, here is how to determine that. Firstly, establish your body weight in kilos, then multiply it by 0.033 and drink that many litres of water each day. Crunch the numbers… you may be surprised by the result!