Water is your body’s principal chemical component and makes up about 60% of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. For example, water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.
Good hydration has many health benefits:
- Increased energy – since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. Water also transports oxygen to your cells so as a bonus your energy levels are also boosted!
- Improves skin complexion – moisturises your skin and keeps it fresh, soft and smooth. Aids proper cellular formation throughout the layers of your skin; this is what leads to that healthy glow!
- Flushes out toxins – gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduce the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
- Aids in weight loss – reduces eating intake by filling you up if consumed prior to meals. It’s a natural appetite suppressant, raises your metabolism and has zero calories.
- Maintains regularity – aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and helps prevent constipation.
- Boosts immune system – water is the delivery system for nutrients around the body and many vitamins and minerals are only soluble in water.
- Natural headache remedy – may help relieve and prevent headaches which are often caused by dehydration
- Prevents cramps and sprains – proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain and injury is less likely.
- Save money! – water is FREE! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than a soft drink or cup of coffee.
We all know that we should be drinking more water to remain hydrated, but how much is enough? To determine a good general guideline for normal hydration, establish your body weight in kilos, multiply it by 0.033 and drink that many litres of water each day. Crunch the numbers… you may be surprised at the results!
To discuss more health benefits with your chiropractor, book online @ https://www.centenarychiro.com.au/ or call us today on 07 3381 0440